Friday, 11 October 2019
Culham Science Centre, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 3DB
Join 120+ delegates at this year’s Oxford Briefing.
The Building Surveyors’ Oxford Briefing 2018 conference will take place on Friday, 11 October 2019 at Culham Science Centre, nr Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 3DB.
The conference fees, including lunch, remain a very reasonable £99.00 incl. VAT, and £89.00 for 3CPD subscribers and APC candidates. The event qualifies for up to seven hours’ CPD.
- You may book online and we’ll send you an invoice. (If you need to book for four or more delegates, please complete an additional booking form.)
- You may download and fill in the booking form on the conference flyer below, and post to 3CPD Ltd, PO Box 121, Princes Risborough HP27 9WU
- You may call or email email@example.com, and we’ll send you an invoice.
- We take payment by bank transfer or cheque; we do not accept credit or debit cards.
The topics are:
- Timber frame – avoiding defects Robin Lancashire, BM Trada
- Hot mix or cold mix? Working with lime Phil Brown, Cornish Lime Company
- Construction law update Ruth Wilkinson, Clarks Legal
- RICS Party Walls, 7th edition Guidance Note Jack Norton, Schofield Surveyors
- Deleterious materials Jo Williams, Sanderson Weatherall
- Air source heat pumps Richard Pickford, Daikin
- Electrical update Darren Staniforth, Certsure
- Insights into the psychology of client behaviour Laura Taylor, Oxford University.
Full details are available in the conference flyer.
Exhibitors at the conference
We have opportunities for sponsors to take an exhibition stand at the conference and advertise in our mailshots. For 2019 we’re also offering the opportunity take part in our programme of exhibitors’ talks throughout the day. It’s a great way to advertise your product or service to building surveyors from across Southern England and to meet with them in our friendly conference setting.
We’re delighted to announce that Sika will be returning for 2019, joined by Certsure.
The venue – Culham Science Centre
Culham Science Centre is located four miles east of Abingdon, 10 miles south of Oxford. The site is set in rural Oxfordshire, providing a peaceful, relaxing environment for our conference.
The conference will be taking place in the John Adams Lecture Theatre, refurbished in 2012 and named in honour of Sir John Bertram Adams, the accelerator physicist and “father” of today’s particle accelerators.
Adjacent to the lecture theatre, there is ample space for meeting with our exhibitors, for lunch and other refreshments, and for networking with friends and associates, new and old.
For those travelling by car, the site is five miles from the A34. There is ample free car parking on-site.
The nearest mainline railway station is Didcot Parkway, six miles away. In addition, some trains stop at Culham station on the Didcot to Oxford line, five minutes’ walk from the site.
The address is:
Culham Conference Centre,
Culham Science Centre,
Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 3DB
For those travelling from further afield, there is a variety of accommodation in the area.
- The Railway Inn, a traditional pub close to Culham railway station, offers B&B for around £50.00 per night. It’s five minutes’ walk from the site.
- There’s a Premier Inn in Abingdon.
- Further accommodation is available through booking.com.
Date/time: Friday, 11 October 2019, 8.00am onwards.
Location: Culham Science Centre, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 3DB.
Cost: £89.00 (incl. lunch and VAT) for 3CPD subscribers and APC candidates; £99.00 (incl. lunch and VAT) for all other delegates. The conference fee includes documentation, morning and afternoon refreshments, and lunch.