Get ahead with 3CPD's APC workshop run by Vivienne Spurge FRICS of APC Success!
This half-day workshop is aimed at RICS APC candidates planning to submit their final assessment in Spring 2018 or wishing to get a head start for submission in Autumn 2018 or later. It is appropriate for APC candidates following all of the APC pathways, including building surveying, commercial property practice, planning and development, project management, residential survey and valuation, rural and quantity surveying.
The workshop will cover the preparation of the documentation for the final assessment and the interview. It will concentrate on the mandatory competencies, the RICS rules of conduct and ethical issues and some of the core competencies. The workshop will also explore revision techniques, presentation skills and tips for the final interview.
To provide advice in respect of the following:
- Completing Templates 1-6 of the APC Submission / PER Submission
- Writing and presenting the Critical Analysis / Case Study
- The selection of the optional competencies - a final check!
- Revision planning
- Time management techniques - planning for the next few months
Details of the topics covered
- Reminder of the APC objectives and assessment process
- Contents of the written submission
- How to write the critical analysis report / PER case study
- Presentation/ Q&A techniques
- A "health check" in respect of the chosen optional competencies
- How to start planning for revision
- Essential revision and study material
The lecturer for this workshop is Vivienne Spurge FRICS of APC Success. Vivienne works extensively with the larger surveying firms in London and nationwide. This workshop gives APC candidates from smaller organisations the opportunity to gain access to her knowledge and experience in a local setting.
Date/time: Thursday, 19 October 2017, 2.00pm to 5.30pm.
Venue: Thame Barns Centre, Church Road, Thame, Oxfordshire OX9 3AJ. There is car parking at the venue.
Cost: £67.50 incl. documentation, refreshments and VAT.
To book your place, please contact Guy Pullen, firstname.lastname@example.org, (t) 01844 274830.
Thame Barns Centre is a set of beautifully refurbished farm buildings alongside the parish church of St Mary's, in a quiet backwater of Thame, yet easily accessible from the M40 and A418. It offers a relaxed atmosphere for our workshop.
This event is organised by 3CPD Ltd, a not-for-profit organisation offering CPD, networking and social events across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire and neighbouring counties for RICS members and others working in the construction and property sectors. 3CPD is run by local chartered surveyors.